Miles Junkie is supported by you, our readers, and this article may have references to products from one or more of our advertising partners. When you click on links to products we may receive compensation. For a more in-depth explanation visit our Advertising Policy.
American Express has one of the best rewards programs on the planet that allow you to earn points on everyday transactions, travel and business expenses. This article will break down the options American Express offers in their Gold cards and lay out the fastest way to load up on points.
Gold & Rose Gold Credit Card
American Express offers a Gold and Rose Gold standard credit card option. Their perks and features are exactly the same, but offered in different colors. Current welcome offer states that you will earn 90,000 membership rewards points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new card in the first 6 months of opening your account. American Express Gold and Rose Gold credit card breakdown is as follows:
- Annual fee is $250
- You’ll receive $120 in Uber Cash, which means you will be entitled to up to $120 in Uber cash annually ($10/month) with your Gold card. You will need add your card to your Uber account and you will automatically get $10 in Uber cash each month for Uber eats orders or Uber rides within the US.
- Earn 4X membership rewards points at restaurants, including takeout and delivery.
- Earn 4X points at US supermarkets up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases.
- Earn 4X membership rewards points for each Uber Eats purchase.
- Earn 3X membership rewards points for all flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com
- Earn 1X membership rewards points on other eligible purchases.
- Points never expire if your card is active.
Additional benefits with the Gold/Rose Gold credit card include a $120 dining credit option. This means you will earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with your Gold card through GrubHub and other participating partners. The Hotel Collection, also a nice perk offered with the Gold card, allows you to enjoy signature perks at many upscale hotels when you book directly through American Express travel. No foreign transaction fees, a Global assist hotline and baggage Insurance plan offers. Access to the Membership Rewards Points and Transfer Program. Finally, being a Gold card member, you will have access to Amex Personalized travel services that is a team of professionals who are able to assist you with your travel needs including booking destinations worldwide, reserving hotel rooms, dining, transportation, planning cruises, and tour packages.
American Express Business Gold Credit Card
A welcome offer is listed in the amount of 70,000 membership rewards points if you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases with your card in the first 3 months of opening your account. By being an American Express Business Gold credit card member you can gain points quickly on purchases for your business operations and supplies costs.
- Annual fee is currently $295. However the annual fee will increase to $375 on 2/1/2024.
- Points never expire if your card is active.
- Earn 4X membership Rewards points on the 2 categories where you’re business spent the most on each billing cycle. The categories options are listed as:
- Airfare purchased directly from Airline
- U.S purchases for advertising for advertising in selected media online, TV or radio.
- US purchases made directly from selected technology providers of computer hardware, software and cloud solutions.
- US purchases at gas stations, restaurants including takeout and delivery.
- U.S. purchases for shipping.
- Earn 3X points on flights/hotels booked through AmexTravel.com.
- Earn 1X on all other purchases.
- Earn up to $20 in statement credits monthly for eligible purchases at FedEx, GrubHub and Supply stores.
4X points applies to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year, then you will earn 1 points per dollar spent.
Bonus features by being a loyal American Express Business Gold card holder consist of the pay overtime option. Which means eligible purchases can be paid for over time and up to the amount of your pay limit on your account. American Express throws in a 25% airline bonus which means when you book your flight with American Express travel using your membership rewards points; you will get 25% of those points back. American express Business app is also available for your convenience, which allow you to locate and review your Business and corporate card receipts on the fly. You will also have the option to set account alerts to help avoid late payments, quickly spot irregular spending and monitor employee card use. A year end summary is also available to you so that you can review your annual spending and awards earned.
American Express Gold, Rose Gold and Business Gold credit cards give you the potential to earn a large amount of Membership Rewards Points for everyday and/or business transactions.
Editorial Note: Information and opinions articulated in this article are solely those of the author’s, not those of a credit card company, bank, airline or hotel chain. This article has not been reviewed or approved by or otherwise endorsed by any of these companies or organizations.