Miles Junkie is supported by you, our readers, and this article may have references to products from one or more of our advertising partners. When you click on links to products we may receive compensation. For a more in-depth explanation visit our Advertising Policy.
The Capital One Quicksilver credit card is a popular choice for its attractive features and benefits. It is a cash back credit card that offers consumers the opportunity to earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase they make, without any rotating categories or spending caps. In his article we will explore the features the Quicksilver credit card offers.
This Capital One Quicksilver credit card comes with no annual fee, making it a cost-effective option for those looking to earn rewards without any additional expenses. Additionally, this credit card currently offers a one-time $200 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. This is an incentive for new cardholders and can help offset any initial expenses. Additional features include:
- Earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases and 5% cash back on rental cars and hotels booked through Capital One travel.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Rewards will not expire as long as the account remains active.
- Receive up to 6 months of complimentary Uber one membership through 11/14/2024.
- Extended warranty protection: This feature doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty on eligible purchases at no additional cost.
- 50% off handcrafted beverages at any Capital One Cafe nationwide.
- Travel Accident Insurance: This feature covers cardholder spouse and/or children in the event of death or serious injury that prevents the individual from flying. Note, the travel fare must be purchased with an eligible Capital One Quicksilver credit card.
- Decline the rental car insurance coverage and charge the entire cost of the rental to your Capital One Quicksilver card and be covered up to the market value of the rental for damages that occurred through collision or theft. Note, this coverage is secondary to your personal car insurance.
- Ability to pay for Amazon purchases with your Capital One rewards. $1 rewards cash equals $1 to redeem at Amazon check out. Be sure to link your rewards account with Amazon to utilize this feature.
- $0 Fraud liability and the ability to receive text, email of phone calls from Capital One if they notice any suspicious transactions.
Redeeming Cash Back
Once you’ve accumulated cash back on your Capital One Quicksilver card, there are a couple of ways you can redeem it. You can choose to have your cash back applied as a statement credit, which will lower your balance and save you money on your monthly bill. Capital One also offers gift cards as a redemption option for their cash back rewards or request Capital One to send you a check. There is no minimum amount for requesting cash back. In order to choose how you want to redeem your cash back, log into your account and select your preference.
The Capital One Quicksilver credit card offers a limited selection of benefits for cardholders, but requires no annual fee. One of the most attractive features of the Capital One Quicksilver credit card is its unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. While the Capital One Quicksilver credit card may seem like an ideal choice for some, it’s important to consider some of its limitations as well. The 1.5% cash back rate may not be enough for those who frequently spend in specific categories such as dining, groceries, or gas. In these cases, it may be more beneficial to use a credit card that offers higher cash back rates in those areas such as the Wells Fargo Autograph or the Chase Freedom credit cards. Nonetheless, the Capital One Quicksilver credit card is a nice option for those looking for a simple and straightforward cash back credit card option.
Editorial Note: Information and opinions articulated in this article are solely those of the author’s, not those of a credit card company, bank, airline or hotel chain. This article has not been reviewed or approved by or otherwise endorsed by any of these companies or organizations.