Miles Junkie is supported by you, our readers, and this article may have references to products from one or more of our advertising partners. When you click on links to products we may receive compensation. For a more in-depth explanation visit our Advertising Policy.
Hilton Honors American Express credit cards offer a variety of benefits, including earning points for every dollar spent, elite status upgrades and bonus free night rewards. Hilton Honors has three credit card options for its members — Hilton Honors American Express, Hilton Honors American Express Surpass and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at these credit cards and how they can benefit you as a Hilton Honors member.
Hilton Honors American Express Card
The Hilton Honors American Express credit card is the most basic card option for travelers who enjoy staying at Hilton properties. Currently, new cardholders can earn 100,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after spending $2,000 in purchases within the first six months of card membership. This offer ends on 1/17/24, but sign-up bonuses are common and change frequently. Additional card benefits include:
- 7X Hilton Honors bonus points for every dollar spent on eligible purchases at Hilton and Hilton brand affiliated hotels & resorts.
- 5X Hilton Honors bonus points per every dollar spent at U.S. restaurants, gas stations or supermarkets.
- 3X Hilton Honors bonus points per every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
- No annual fee or Foreign transaction fees.
- Automatic Hilton Honors Silver status upgrade. Silver status members earn 20% more on base points on stays and receive a 5th free night when booking a standard room with points only.
- Earn Hilton Honors Gold status after spending $20,000 in eligible purchases during a single calendar year. Gold status members earn 80% more on base points on stays, room upgrades depending on availability, and daily food/beverage credits (depending on brand and region).
- 24/7 access to global assist hotline for emergencies including medical, legal referrals, missing luggage assistance and emergency cash wires.
Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card
The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass credit card offers enhanced benefits for members of the Hilton Honors loyalty program, making it a more attractive option for those who frequently stay at Hilton properties. Currently, American Express Surpass card holders will earn 170,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first six months of card activation. This offer expires on 1/17/24. Benefits include:
- 12X Hilton Honors bonus points on every dollar spent on eligible purchases at all Hilton hotels or resorts.
- 6X Hilton Honors bonus points for each dollar spent at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets and gas stations.
- 4X Hilton Honors bonus points per dollar spent on U.S. online retail purchases.
- 3X Hilton Honors bonus points on all other eligible purchases.
- $150 annual fee. However, cardholders will receive an annual $200 Hilton credit statement.
- Automatic Hilton Honors Gold status upgrade. Gold status members earn 80% more base points for stays, room upgrades depending on availability and daily food/beverage credit (depending on brand and region).
- Earn a free night reward after spending $15,000 in eligible purchases during a calendar year.
- Complimentary Emerald Club Executive status with National Car Rental. A link is available on Surpass members American Express online account to register for this perk.
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire credit card is the top-tier Hilton credit card. Current welcome offer is listed at 180,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after spending $6,000 in the first six months of card activation.
This card offers a range of benefits that make it a no-brainer for those who most frequently stay at Hilton properties due to its offering top-tier Diamond status, $400 in Hilton credits, and array of other benefits such as:
- 14X Hilton Honors bonus points per every dollar spent at hotels and resorts within the Hilton portfolio.
- 7X Hilton Honors bonus points for eligible purchases at restaurants, flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com.
- 3X points on all other purchases.
- $550 annual fee. However members will receive a $400 annual Hilton resort credit. Hilton divides this into two $200 semi annual credits per year.
- Earn $200 flight credits per year on flight purchases made directly with an airline or through amextravel.com. Booking a flight through the Amex Travel portal is simple to navigate, prices are comparable to booking sites and directly booking with airlines, and include major carriers such as Delta, JetBlue and Untied.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Diamond Status upgrade. Diamond level members earn 100% bonus on stays, free Wi-Fi and room upgrades depending on availability.
- $189 annual CLEAR Plus credit.
- $100 on-property credit. When Aspire card holders book a 2 night minimum stay at hiltonhonorsaspirecard.com or by calling 1-855-292-5757, cardholders receive $100 in hotel credits for qualifying charges at the Waldorf Astoria and Conrad properties.
- Free Reward night. Every year after renewing your Aspire card, cardholders receive a free reward night. Additionally, cardholders receive an additional free night after spending $30,000 and an additional free night after $60,000 in purchases in a calendar year.
- National Car Rental Emerald Club Executive status upgrade.
After exploring the features of each Hilton Honors American Express credit cards, it is clear that all three options offer valuable rewards and perks for frequent travelers. If you are a casual traveler looking to earn points towards free stays at Hilton properties, the Hilton Honors American Express credit card may be the best option for you. With no annual fee and basic travel benefits, it is a great starter card for those new to the world of points and miles or those who travel infrequently.
For those who frequently stay at Hilton hotels and want to earn points faster, the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass and Aspire credit cards offer elevated earning potential and a variety of travel perks. Hilton Honors points are no where as valuable as Capital One Venture X or Chase Sapphire Reserve points, but they do offer loyal Hilton customers the ability to earn free nights and enhance members stays with additional benefits and status upgrades.
Editorial Note: Information and opinions articulated in this article are solely those of the author’s, not those of a credit card company, bank, airline or hotel chain. This article has not been reviewed or approved by or otherwise endorsed by any of these companies or organizations.