Miles Junkie is supported by you, our readers, and this article may have references to products from one or more of our advertising partners. When you click on links to products we may receive compensation. For a more in-depth explanation visit our Advertising Policy.
The World of Hyatt Visa Signature and World of Hyatt Business credit cards offer a wide range of benefits that are designed for frequent travelers who often stay at Hyatt hotels and resorts. With these credit cards, you earn Hyatt points for every dollar spent on purchases such as airline tickets, gas, and dining. These points can then be redeemed for free hotel stays at any of the 1,350 Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide. This article will take a closer look at what the Hyatt Visa Signature and business credit cards has to offer and how to increase points earning on purchases.
World of Hyatt Personal Credit Card
By spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, you can earn 30,000 Bonus Points. Additionally, new cardholders have the opportunity to earn up to 30,000 more Bonus Points by earning 2 points per $1 spent in the first 6 months from card activation on purchases that would typically earn 1 Bonus Point. This applies up to $15,000 in purchases. Additional benefits include:
- 4 points per $1 spent at Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
- Being a World of Hyatt member, you can also earn an additional 5 base points per $1 spent at all Hyatt locations. This means if you use your World of Hyatt Credit card for purchases at Hyatt locations, you will earn 9 points per $1 spent.
- 2X bonus points per $1 spent on dining, airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, gym memberships, local transit and commuting.
- $95 annual fee.
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
Tier Status Upgrade
Complimentary upgrade to World of Hyatt Discoverist status. At this tier level, members will earn:
- 10% bonus points on purchases.
- Free WiFi
- Room upgrades depending on availability.
- Elite check-in option, which is a dedicated check in area at participating locations.
- 2 PM late check out.
- Ability to earn bonus Hyatt points on American Airlines bookings.
Cardholders will earn one free night stay each year after their card anniversary. Additionally, if cardholders spend $15,000 in a calendar year, members will earn a second free night. Additional benefits include:
- Every time you spend $5,000 on your card, you will earn 2 additional Tier-Qualifying night credits towards your next tier status.
- Every anniversary year cardholders will earn 5 qualifying night credits towards the next tier level.
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card
The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card is a useful tool for any business owner who frequently stays at Hyatt Hotels and is looking to maximize their travel rewards. The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card is currently offering a 60,000 welcome bonus points after spending $5,000 on purchases from account opening. Features include:
- 4 points per $1 spent at Hyatt Hotels and Resorts.
- Being a World of Hyatt member, you can also earn an additional 5 base points per $1 spent at all Hyatt locations. This means if you use your World of Hyatt Business card for purchases at Hyatt locations, you will earn 9 points per $1 spent..
- $199 annual fee
- 2X points per $1 spent on fitness club and gym memberships.
- 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
2X Bonus Points Options
As a World of Hyatt Business credit card holder, you will have the option to earn 2 points per dollar spent on your top three categories, each quarter (see categories listed below); however, this ends on 12/31/2024. After 2024, you will still be able to enjoy this benefit but with two categories instead of three. The individual categories are:
|Social Media and search engine advertising
|Car rental agencies
|Airline tickets if purchased directly with the airline
|Local transit and commuting
|Internet, cable and phone services
When considering a business credit card, it’s important to look beyond just the basic benefits and rewards. The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card offers a variety of additional benefits which include:
- Automatic enrollment in the World of Hyatt Discoverist status for yourself and up to 5 employees.
- If you or an employee spends $50 or more at any Hyatt location, you will earn up to two $50 statement credits each anniversary year.
- Earn 5 tier qualifying night credits towards your elite status for every $10,000 spent in a calendar year.
- Spend $50,000 and receive 10% of the points you redeem back for the rest of the year (capped at 200,000 points).
- Membership in Hyatt Leverage: Companies can receive up to 15% off standard rates at all Hyatt Hotels and Resorts.
World of Hyatt Visa Signature and Business credit cards offer a limited list of benefits for frequent travelers. These cards are specifically designed to cater to the needs of those who frequently stay at Hyatt properties. Furthermore, both the Visa Signature and Business credit cards offer a generous sign-up bonus, which can be a great way to kickstart your points earning or take a bite out of business travel expenses. Another noteworthy benefit of these credit cards is the elite status they offer to cardholders, which can increase points earning potential on purchases and streamline your travel experience. It is important to note that these credit cards do come with an annual fee, but both credit card options can be an attractive choice for those who are loyal to the Hyatt brand and travel with them frequently.
Editorial Note: Information and opinions articulated in this article are solely those of the author’s, not those of a credit card company, bank, airline or hotel chain. This article has not been reviewed or approved by or otherwise endorsed by any of these companies or organizations.