Miles Junkie is supported by you, our readers, and this article may have references to products from one or more of our advertising partners. When you click on links to products we may receive compensation. For a more in-depth explanation visit our Advertising Policy.
Wells Fargo Autograph credit card offers a range of features and benefits that make it an attractive option for some travelers and everyday users alike. In this overview, we will explore the features and benefits of the Wells Fargo Autograph credit card as well as additional ways to maximize points on purchases. Whether you’re a current Wells Fargo customer or considering switching to their services, this guide will give you all the information you need to make an informed decision about the Autograph credit card.
The Wells Fargo Autograph credit card comes with a variety of features including:
- Earn 30,000 bonus points if you spend $1,500 within the first 3 months of activating your card.
- No annual fee.
- Earn 3X points per dollar spent on airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises.
- Earn 3X points per dollar spent at restaurants, takeout and delivery.
- Earn 3X points per dollar spent on transit services such as ride shares, subways, parking and tolls.
- Earn 3X points per dollar spent on streaming services and cell phone plans.
- Earn 3X points per dollar spent at gas stations and electric charging stations.
- Earn 1X points on all other purchases.
- Cell phone protection — Card holders will receive a $600 credit towards theft or damage to a cell phone if it is purchased entirely using your Autograph card.
- No limit on 3X points earned on eligible purchases.
- Points will not expire as long as your card remains active.
Car Rental Benefits
In addition to earning 3x points on car rentals, the Wells Fargo Autograph credit card provides insurance for any damage or theft occurs to your rental vehicle up to $50,000. Wells Fargo does list a maximum of 15 consecutive days covered in the US and 31 consecutive days outside the US. In order to receive this benefit, you will need to decline the rental companies insurance coverage. Additionally, it’s important to note that this coverage is secondary to your personal car insurance and will only apply after your personal insurance is applied. Card holders have access to 24/7 roadside dispatch service in the event you encounter trouble with your rental.
Points can be redeemed for a variety of rewards such as cash back, travel, gift cards and merchandise. In order to redeem your points, card holders need to log into wellsfargo.com/redeem. From there, you have the option to redeem your points for flights, car rentals or statement credits. Additionally, card holders have the option to apply points towards their Wells Fargo mortgage or checking account. Finally, card holders also have the option to redeem rewards while shopping online using PayPal.
The Autograph card is a Visa Signature credit card, which means you’ll have access to two additional benefits.
Luxury Hotel Collection — Autograph card holders have the option to search for a hotel associated with the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection. Additional benefits to card holder include:
- Guaranteed best available rates.
- Automatic room upgrades upon arrival when available.
- Free WiFi.
- $25 food and beverage credit.
- Complimentary breakfast for two.
- Late check-out upon request when available & VIP guest status.
24/7 Concierge Service — Card holders have the option to utilize a personal concierge for booking flights, ground transportation, hotels, dinner reservations by calling 1-800-953-7392.
The Wells Fargo Autograph credit card offers a seamless experience for their customers. This card provides benefits such as car rental insurance, cell phone protection and additional hotel benefits through the Luxury Hotel Collection. Additionally, the amount 3x bonus points customers may accumulate through airfare, hotels, car rentals and transportation purchases is a major advantage for this offering. Furthermore, card holders earning that same 3X bonus on gas, streaming and cell phone plans is also a nice way to pump up points earning. Unfortunately, this card does not offer its members any airline/hotel transfer partners so points/miles cannot be easily converted to additional choice programs. This card obviously doesn’t offer a wide array of travel perks like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Capital One Venture X may, but it does offer customers the ability to capitalize at a higher than normal rate on travel-specific purchases.
Editorial Note: Information and opinions articulated in this article are solely those of the author’s, not those of a credit card company, bank, airline or hotel chain. This article has not been reviewed or approved by or otherwise endorsed by any of these companies or organizations.