Miles Junkie is supported by you, our readers, and this article may have references to products from one or more of our advertising partners. When you click on links to products we may receive compensation. For a more in-depth explanation visit our Advertising Policy.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is one of the largest hotel franchises in the world. With locations in 75 countries, Wyndham hotel brands range from affordable to upscale resorts. Below we will outline the perks and advantages of joining Wyndham Rewards and how to earn points. But first we’ll take a look at all the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brands that comprise over 9200 locations:
- Registry Collection Hotels
- Wyndham Grand
- Dolce Hotels & Resorts
- Dazzler by Wyndham
- Esplendor by Wyndham
- TM – Trademark Collection by Wyndham
- TRYP by Windham
- La Quinta
- Alltra – All Inclusive Resorts
- Wyndham Garden
- Days Inn
- Howard Johnson
- Microtel by Wyndham
- Super 8
- Hawthorne Suites
Earning Wyndham Reward Points
Wyndham Rewards is one of the easiest to understand hotel loyalty programs around. After enrolling in the Wyndham Rewards program you will earn:
- 10 points per dollar or 1,000 points per paid stay (whichever is greater) at all Wyndham Hotels & participating locations listed above.
- Tier status bonus once you reach the various levels — 10% for Gold, 15% for Platinum and 20% for Diamond.
- Note that points are only earned on qualified stays — which basically means you cannot earn points for stays booked through a third party, such as Expedia or Orbitz. So, if you want the Wyndham points be sure to book through “the call centers or web sites of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, directly with the properties or through the Wyndham Rewards app.”
- Points expire four years after the checkout date of the stay during which they were earned.
Wyndham Rewards often offers bonus point opportunities which is an excellent way to earn more points per stay. When logging into your Rewards account be on the look out for eligible offers.
You can earn additional points by completing opinion surveys, shopping through their proprietary portal, buying home chef meal kits, renting cars, etc — check out these offers and more on their website.
Wyndham Rewards offers the ability to transfer your points to airline miles, which may be useful if you need a just a few miles to top off your account for a specific reward, but it’s likely a waste of your points in most cases due to terrible transfer rates.
What Wyndham say about Social Responsibility:
“We have a responsibility as the world’s largest hotel franchising company to strengthen the communities where we do business, further our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts and protect the environment for future generations.”
-Geoff Ballotti, President & CEO
Read more here about Wyndham’s committment to social responsibility.
Redeeming Wyndham Rewards Points
Wyndham Rewards points can be best utilized for hotel stays, redeemable at over 8,900 hotels globally, including 22 Wyndham brands and 30+ Caesars Entertainment hotels. Points can also be used at Club Wyndham timeshare resorts and for various unique accommodations through Vacasa, Cottages.com in the UK, and Landal GreenParks throughout Europe.
The rewards program offers two redemption options:
- Go Free: Exchange points for a free night, with hotels categorized into three tiers requiring 7,500, 15,000, or 30,000 points per bedroom. Some Wyndham credit card holders get a 10% discount on redemptions, though resort fees at Caesars hotels are not covered by points. Blackout dates may apply.
- Go Fast: A partial points-plus-cash option for those lacking enough points for a free stay, requiring 1,500, 3,000, or 6,000 points (based on hotel tiers), plus a reduced cash payment. However, Go Fast bookings can’t be combined with other offers or promotions.
Booking for free stays or discounted rates must be done online or via phone. Wyndham’s fixed award pricing offers great value during peak travel times or at resort properties. Additionally, Wyndham points can be redeemed for tours and activities, but these tend to offer less value compared to hotel redemptions.
Wyndham Rewards Elite Tiers
The four elite tier levels are Blue, Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Each tier is earned by either the number of nights you stay per year – or automatically through one of the Wyndham Rewards branded credit cards.
Upon enrollment in Wyndham Rewards you’ll be at the Blue Level. Your benefits include:
- Access to special “Member Rates” when booking through Wyndham Resorts & Hotels website and mobile app.
- Free night awards starting at 7,500 points — and discounted nights starting at 1,500.
- Rollover qualifying of nights — Your excess qualifying nights rollover to the next calendar year, giving you a head start on maintaining your current member level or obtaining a higher level. For instance, if you earn 12 nights in a given year you will have reached the Gold level, but the excess 7 nights over the Gold threshold will rollover to the next year, and you’ll only need 8 more to reach Platinum.
- Free WiFi during your stays.
Gold Level: Stay 5 nights in a year or become an Earner Visa Signature credit card holder.
- All Blue Level benefits.
- A 10% points bonus on stays.
- Late check out and preferred rooms, based on availability.
Platinum Level: Stay 15 nights or become an Earner+ Visa Signature credit card holder.
- All Blue & Gold benefits.
- A 15% point bonus on stays
- Early check in upon request & availability
- Budget car rental upgrades (and 100 Wyndham points / day) through a special Wyndham / Budget booking page.
Diamond Level: Finally, if you stay 40 nights or become an Earner Business Visa Credit card holder.
- All Blue, Gold & Platinum benefits.
- Suite upgrades
- 20% point bonus on stays
- The ability to gift gold status to one person per calendar year.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts offers a three simple tiers status which means you can choose how you want to redeem your points with three simple free night tiers listed as 7,500, 15,000 and 30,000 points per bedroom.
Discount nights option is also offered through Wyndham Hotels and resorts that lists a discounted night starts at just 1,500 points plus some cash to equal out the difference. Wyndham Rewards declares they are the only hotel loyalty program that offers its members a guaranteed 1,000 points earned per every stay. Finally all qualifying nights you earn can roll over into the following year, making higher status and more perks easier to obtain.
- There is no limit to the number of points you can earn, however with no transaction activity in 18 months points will expire and all points in 4 years will expire regardless of if you use or not!
What I really like about Wyndham Hotels and Resorts website is the Wyndham Rewards calculator which breaks down the amount of rewards you will earn, per purchase, based on the credit card you book through. Simply slide the bar over and see how many rewards you will accumulate per purchase. If you are a frequent traveler, business owner or often stay at Wyndham brand properties, it makes sense to take advantage of Wyndham Rewards and their credit card options. Wyndham Rewards Program does not have lots of bells and whistles, like some programs, but it does give you the ability to bank additional points at no extra cost and the ability to earn a higher tier status with ease.
Editorial Note: Information and opinions articulated in this article are solely those of the author’s, not those of a credit card company, bank, airline or hotel chain. This article has not been reviewed or approved by or otherwise endorsed by any of these companies or organizations.