Miles Junkie is supported by you, our readers, and this article may have references to products from one or more of our advertising partners. When you click on links to products we may receive compensation. For a more in-depth explanation visit our Advertising Policy.
Budget Fastbreak rewards program provides customers the opportunity to accumulate Budget Bucks, hotel points or airline miles that can be used towards future rentals, hotel stays or flights. Fastbreak doesn’t offer the chance to achieve free rentals, but rather discounts on car rentals and an expedited pickup & return process. No elite tiers are offered, but you can earn Budget bucks and them apply them to your next rental — reducing its cost. Additionally, your Fastbreak ID is the same as your RapidRez Number which will be used for making reservations online. There’s no cost to become a member, and you will access to exclusive deals, as well as expedited reservations privileges and skip the line option when picking up or dropping off your rental vehicle.
Budget Fastbreak Choice
In addition to the ability to skip the regular rental line at the counter, Budget Fastbreak Choice is a feature available for members on-the-go. Fastbreak Choice allows members to select a vehicle in directly from a mobile device, which expedites the pick up process and allows you to get on the road faster.
Fastbreak members can earn and redeem Budget Bucks – which translates to discounts on qualifying rentals. When redeeming your Budget Bucks, remember that you can only use one coupon per rental. It’s also important to note that these coupons expire 1 year after the issue date, so it’s best to use them as soon as possible.
Earn $25 in Budget Bucks
Rent twice with Budget now through December 31st and you’ll receive $25 in Budget Bucks to put towards your next rental. This offer is good up to 52 times each year, so if you take advantage of it, that can add up to over $1,000 in savings for future rentals.
Budget rental has 25 Airline partners and frequent flyer programs available for you to choose from. For RapidRez members with Fastbreak, you can get more out of your Budget.com reservation by adding your frequent flyer number during the booking process. This will allow you to earn airline miles when renting vehicles through Budget instead of earning Budget Bucks. Don’t forget to use your RapidRez Number for the reservation as well as your program information when booking. Below are a couple examples of Airline partners and the amount of miles/points you will earn per rental.
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan: Earn 1,250 miles per rental for members with MVP Gold 75K or MVP Gold 100K tier level. Earn 1,000 miles per rental for members with MVP or MVP Gold tier. All other Mileage Plan members will earn 500 miles per rental.
- American Airlines AAdvantage: Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on rentals. AAdvantage platinum and Gold members can earn 4 miles per dollar spent. Platinum Pro an Executive platinum members will earn 5 miles per dollar spent on rentals.
- British Airways Executive Club: Collect 1 Avios per $1 spent on car rental when booking through the British Airways Budget partnership
- FRONTIER Miles: Earn 50 FRONTIER Miles miles per rental day on all qualifying rentals or 500 miles on qualifying rentals of 5 or more days.
- JetBlue TrueBlue: TrueBlue members earn 100 points per rental day (up to five days) on all qualifying rentals. Also earn an additional discount when you provide your TrueBlue budget customer discount (BCD) # R344900.
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer: Earn 500 KrisFlyer miles per eligible rental. Be sure to provide your KrisFlyer/Budget customer (BCD) # D041000 for additional discounts.
- Spirit Airlines FREE SPIRIT: FREE SPIRIT members can earn 50 FREE SPIRIT miles on rentals 4 days or less or 500 FREE SPIRIT miles on rentals over 5 days. Plus, save up to 35% off when you provide your Free Spirit/Budget customer discount (BCD) #U109700.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards: Earn 600 Rapid Rewards Points per rental. Also receive an additional discount when you provide your Southwest airlines Rapid Rewards/Budget customer discount (BCD) #U072700.
- United MileagePlus: Earn 500 base miles per rental. Premier Silver and Gold members can earn 1,000 base moles per rental. Premier Platinum and 1K members earn 1,250 base miles per rental. Receive an additional discount when you provide your MileagePlus Budget customer discount (BCD) #B204900.
Note that the BCD numbers included above often provide substantial discounts due to the rates negotiated by the corresponding airline for their frequent flyer members.
Budget Business Program
For business owners, the Budget Business program can provide exclusive discounts and personalized service tailored to your business’s specific needs. Plus, you’ll earn frequent traveler rewards for every qualifying rental you make. As member you save money on every rental you purchase, earn credits or airlines miles as well. Also as a Budget Business program member additional benefits include:
- 30% off base rates
- $3 reward credit for every qualifying rental day.
- Access to the Budget Business program member only website with a dedicated support staff
- complimentary FastBreak membership that will get you to the front of the line at the counter when you pick up your vehicle.
Hotel partners of Budget’s Fastbreak rewards program allow members the ability to earn hotel loyalty points on rentals instead of Budget Bucks or frequent flyer miles. The four participating hotel rewards programs and the amount of points you will earn on rentals are as follows:
- Best Western Rewards: Earn 1,000 points per qualifying rental. Also receive an additional discount when you provide your Best Western/Budget customer discount (BCD) #U187000.
- Choice Privileges: Earn 1,000 points per qualifying rental. Receive an additional discount when you provide your Choice Privileges Budget customer discount (BCD) #T134900.
- Radisson Rewards: Earn 750 points per qualifying rental. Earn an additional discount when you provide your Radisson rewards/Budget corporate discount (BCD) #U106500.
- Wyndham Reward: Earn 100 points per qualifying rental day. Earn an additional discount when you enter provide your (BCD) #X793000.
The Budget Fastbreak rewards program provides its members ways to save money, earn loyalty points on car rentals, and streamline their rental experiences. There’s a simple and free sign-up process, and customers can immediately enjoy these convenient features when booking a rental. The points earned from the rewards program can be used towards discounts on future rentals, however most frequent travelers will find this rewards program is more useful for earning airline miles and hotels points rather than car rental discounts.
Editorial Note: Information and opinions articulated in this article are solely those of the author’s, not those of a credit card company, bank, airline or hotel chain. This article has not been reviewed or approved by or otherwise endorsed by any of these companies or organizations.