Miles Junkie is supported by you, our readers, and this article may have references to products from one or more of our advertising partners. When you click on links to products we may receive compensation. For a more in-depth explanation visit our Advertising Policy.
The Venture X business credit card offers a range of benefits and features that can help you streamline your operations, save money and earn rewards. In this article, we will dive deeper into the details of the Venture X Business Credit Card and how it can benefit your business.
The Venture X Business credit card offers a range of features that are specifically designed to meet the needs of small to medium size businesses. It offers various perks such as cash-back rewards, travel benefits, and expense management tools. For new cardmembers, there is currently an offer to earn up to 150,000 miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening and another 150,000 upon spending 100K in the first 6 months. Additional features include:
|2X miles on all purchases
|Additional employee cards at no cost.
|$300 annual travel credit. Additionally, cardholders will receive 10,000 points every year on the card anniversary date.
|Balance cannot be carried month to month and must be paid in full monthly.
|No restrictions or blackout dates when redeeming miles on vacation rentals, flights and hotels.
|No preset limit, which overtime will adapt to your business needs based on spending behavior and credit profile.
|$395 annual fee.
|No foreign transaction fees.
Traveling for business can be a large component of growing a successful company. This credit card offers an assortment of travel benefits that can help businesses save money and time. Travel benefits include:
- Book directly through Capital One Travel and earn 5X on flights and 10X on hotel & car rentals.
- Receive $100 statement credit on TSA PreCheck or Global Entry every four years.
- Priority pass: Cardholders will receive unlimited access to Plaza Premium Lounges and Priority pass Lounges for yourself and two additional guest traveling with you. Note: you will need to enroll for a Priority Pass membership to receive this perk.
- Unlimited access to Capital One Lounges (there are lounges only at DFW, IAD and DEN — but there are expansion plans). Ability to bring two additional people with you, however it costs $45 per guest.
- Earn $100 per booking in statement credits with the Premier Collection.
- The Premier Collection from Capital One Travel features an exclusive array of luxury hotels and resorts, each chosen for their quality.
- If you book a flight and the price drops within 10 days, receive up to $50 in travel credit for the difference. This is done automatically by Capital One Travel and does not require you to monitor fares.
Capital One is currently partnered with 15 airlines. These partnerships allow cardholders to earn miles on their everyday business spending that can be converted to points or miles within these airlines rewards programs. Cardholders will need a minimum of 1,000 miles in order to complete a transfer. All airline partners offer a transfer rate of 1:1 with the exception of Eva Air which is 2:1.5.
|Aero Mexico: Club Premier
|British Airways: Avios
|Qantas: Qantas Frequent Flyer
|Air France / KLM: Flying Blue
|Singapore Airlines: KrisFlyer
|Air Canada: Aeroplan
|Etihad: Sky Guest
|TAP Air Portugal: Miles & Go
|Cathay Pacific: Asia Miles
|Eva Air: Infinity MilageLands
|Turkish Airlines: Miles&Smiles
|Finnair: Finnair Plus
|Virgin: Virgin Red
Capital One also has a partnership with three hotel chains. Wyndham and Choice Hotels offer a 1:1 transfer ratio while Accor offers a 2:1 ratio.
Additional Business Features
The Venture X Business Credit Card is an appealing choice for businesses looking to streamline their expenses and manage their finances. In addition to the benefits/perks already listed above, Capital One offers several more features including:
- Automatic payment option.
- Year-end summaries.
- Virtual card numbers: This feature protects online payments without exposing the actual card number during purchase.
- Account Managers: Assigns an account manager to make purchases and payments for your business who also will have the ability to review transactions and quickly resolve any issues that arise.
- Purchase Records: The ability to download your purchase records into QuickBooks, Excel and Quicken.
- Set spending limits for individual employes.
- The ability to view a list of merchants that apply monthly charges to your business such as recurring bills and/or subscriptions.
The Venture X Business credit card is an attractive option for businesses looking to optimize their finances while earning rewards on every purchase made with the card. The travel reward redemption options as well as the array of transfer partners with Capital One is strong, but Capital One doesn’t offer the wide-ranging travel benefits of most Amex Business offerings. Overall, this credit card is designed to meet the specific needs of a businesses while offering a selection of financial management tools and provide rewards/benefits.
Editorial Note: Information and opinions articulated in this article are solely those of the author’s, not those of a credit card company, bank, airline or hotel chain. This article has not been reviewed or approved by or otherwise endorsed by any of these companies or organizations.