Miles Junkie is supported by you, our readers, and this article may have references to products from one or more of our advertising partners. When you click on links to products we may receive compensation. For a more in-depth explanation visit our Advertising Policy.
Credit cards provide a convenient and secure way to make purchases, earn rewards, and build credit. However, not all credit cards are created equal – some offer more benefits than others. This post will give an overview of the Blue Cash Everyday Credit Card offered by American Express. We will take an in-depth look at this credit card and all the features it has to offer.
The American Express Blue Cash Everyday credit card is currently offering a welcome bonus for new cardholders. This limited-time offer allows you to earn up to $250 cash back in the form of statment credit within the first 6 months of opening your account. To qualify for this welcome offer, you must spend $2,000 on purchases with your new card within the first 6 months after account opening. Additional features include:
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months.
- No annual fee.
- 3% cash back on groceries purchased at U. S. supermarkets. American Express applies a cap of $6,000 per year for this increased reward. Once cardholders hits this cap, they will continue to earn 1% cash back at supermarkets.
- 3% cash back on U.S. online retail purchases. Again, Amex puts a $6,000 per year cap on this reward level and cardholders will earn 1% cash back after hitting this cap.
- 3% cash back on U.S. gas station purchases. A $6,000 per year cap applies to this benefit and cardholders will earn 1% cash back after hitting this cap.
- 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Rewards dollars will not expire as long as the card remains active.
Disney Bundle Credit
As an Amex Blue Cash Everyday cardholder, you can enjoy an additional $7 monthly statement credit when you spend $9.99 or more each month on a subscription to a Disney Bundle. This equals $84 back annually. Simply subscribe to a Disney Bundle using your Blue Cash Everyday card to automatically receive this benefit.
Home Chef Credit
Home Chef is a meal kit delivery service that provides subscribers with pre-portioned ingredients and easy-to-follow recipes for making meals at home. With the Home Chef credit benefit, American Express Blue Cash Everyday cardholders can earn up to $15 in statement credits per month when they use their card to make purchases from Home Chef.
Send and Split
The Send and Split feature makes managing expenses with family and friends easier. This benefit allows cardholders to split bills or expenses with anyone who has a Venmo or PayPal account. Additionally, Amex will split up the amount for you, send out the payment requests and track as others pay you back. Amex will apply these payments to the account as statement credits and cardholders will earn cash back rewards on the purchases.
Other travel credit cards like the Capital One Venture X or the Chase Sapphire Reserve offer many more travel benefits to its members, but it’s important to note the limited travel features the Amex Blue Cash Everyday day card offers.
- Car rental loss and damage insurance: When cardholders pay for the entire vehicle with their Blue Cash Everyday Amex card and decline the rental insurance, they can be covered for damage or loss to the vehicle. Note: this insurance is secondary to personal insurance plans and covers up to $50,000 in damages to the rental. Additionally, cardholders are not covered for rentals in Australia, Italy and New Zealand.
- Global Assist Hotline: In the event of an emergency the Amex Global Assist hotline can provide assistance. Whether you need a medical referral or a cash advance, their team of professionals are just a call away.
The American Express Blue Cash Everyday credit card is a fine choice for those looking for a simple cash back rewards credit card. Its cash back system allowing cardholders to earn 3% cash back on groceries, online purchases and gas are appealing features to this card. It offers straightforward rewards/benefits options without any annual fees, making it a suitable pick for regular credit card users. However, those seeking higher rewards rates or more diverse redemption options may want to consider alternative options such as the Wells Fargo Autograph or the Citi Premier credit card.
Editorial Note: Information and opinions articulated in this article are solely those of the author’s, not those of a credit card company, bank, airline or hotel chain. This article has not been reviewed or approved by or otherwise endorsed by any of these companies or organizations.